Warriors of Darkness Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Warriors of Darkness Forum

Welcome to Clan WoD's Forum!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

[Book 1, Tutorial 1] Terraining a Snowy Village

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Alex
World Editor Mod
Alex

Number of posts : 44
Username : SirAlexander
Registration date : 2008-01-26

[Book 1, Tutorial 1] Terraining a Snowy Village Empty
PostSubject: [Book 1, Tutorial 1] Terraining a Snowy Village   [Book 1, Tutorial 1] Terraining a Snowy Village EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 5:56 pm

Hello all, I have seen alot of people (Zero) saying they don't like terraining.
Well I am here to say, thats just stupid!

Book: 1 (Terrain)
Tutorial: 1
Name: Terraining a Snow Village
Difficulty: Moderate
Made by: Alex (SirAlexander)

Description: This tutorial will show you the basics of terraining a snow village with doodads, terrain, creeps and even special effects. Also I will include little hints on placements.

Key:
Red: Important Notices
Blue: Doodad Lists
Green: Special Hints

Tutorial

Ok, lets get started.
1. First off, lets start with making a new map. Size 64x64 with Northrend.
Now I always like to use Random Hieght fields because it gives it more reality. I suggest you tick it for this tutorial.
Spoiler:

2. Next we want to decided where our towns going to be, for this I am going to use the top left corner, so once you have decided grab the Size 8 Tool Square with terrain Rock and just place it down where you want your town.
Spoiler:

3. Once you have done that we want to change the terrain around abit, So now get the Size 8 Tool Square and pick Snow as your terrain, then you want to just fill in the whole map (Other then the town square) with snow.
Do not cover over your town sqaure other wise you will have to find a new place to make your town.
Spoiler:

4. Now we want to get abit detail, so what we are going to do now is make a path that goes around the map. So grab the Size 2 Tool Circle with Dirt terrain and just make a path that goes around with lots of differen't tracks leading off, just make sure that it leaves from one side of the town, and returns from another side.
Spoiler:

Last edited by on Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alex
World Editor Mod
Alex

PostSubject: Re: [Book 1, Tutorial 1] Terraining a Snowy Village   [Book 1, Tutorial 1] Terraining a Snowy Village EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 6:19 pm

Part 2 Town

5. Next we just want to put little cracks that run up and down the road to make it stand out and be more effective. This is totaly optional, but I think its much more proffesional.
Spoiler:

6. Now we want to put some trees in, to make it have more closure.
Place the trees along the side of all you roads, about a Size 1 square away from the road, don't forget to use Snowy Tree Wall to give it the snowy feeling.
Spoiler:
See now its starting to look abit realistic. Don't forget to not go on the road.

7. Once you have done that you can start to put a few doodads in, like rocks and bushes and things that you would find in the snowy forrests.

8. Now we are moving on to the town, in the town we mostly hav buildings, people and even pets. So what we do now is, is select the Size 8 Square tool and use Dirt terrain and just replace the Rocks with Dirt. Then go to doodads and select Structures and change Northerend to Lordaeron Winter then put about 20 - 30 Buildings around the sides of the town, and maybe a few in the middle. Once you have done that, where there are gaps around the outside of the town, just put snow there and put some trees on it. Then like in 5. we just put little cracks along the road, then we put some rocks around near the buildings.
Spoiler:

9. Then once you've done all that just place some villagers around the town, maybe some footmen as gaurds. And if you are making an RPG you can have a hero revival somewhere and some shops.

Last edited by on Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alex
World Editor Mod
Alex

PostSubject: Re: [Book 1, Tutorial 1] Terraining a Snowy Village   [Book 1, Tutorial 1] Terraining a Snowy Village EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 6:45 pm

Part 3 The Effects And Creeps

10. Now that we have finnished the town, we want to make it have some more enviroment, effects. So first off lets make some light!
First off go to: Scenario > Map Options > Options. Then down the bottem it should say "Use Global Weather" Tick that, then on the effects select Nothrend Snow (Heavy).
Spoiler:

11. That should make it look much better, but now we want to make creeps. The best way to put creeps on you map is think this.
Snow + Cave = Bears
Snow + Forest = Trolls
Snow + Mountain = Dragons
Its just that simple, so now pick the one you want. Lets say Trolls, now we have to do the levels. So make an open area in the trees near the middle of the Forest.
Then go to Units and Select Nuetral Hostile then Northren (Default) and find the trolls you want. I am going to be using 3 trolls and 2 bears.
1 Warlord
2 Troll Priest
2 Polar Bear
Then place them like this.
Spoiler:

12. And your done!
Now if you want to make it perfect. I suggest grab some vines and rocks and place them around the map and Maybe some archways.

Download
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Terraining a Snowy Village
Back to top Go down
Alex
World Editor Mod
Alex

PostSubject: Re: [Book 1, Tutorial 1] Terraining a Snowy Village   [Book 1, Tutorial 1] Terraining a Snowy Village EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 6:49 pm

Haha yea.
Hey could you delete this post and the on you made Hamama, I want people to see all three posts in a row. Lol
Back to top Go down
HamAma
Global Moderator

Number of posts : 227
Username : HamAma
Clan : Clan BS
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: [Book 1, Tutorial 1] Terraining a Snowy Village   [Book 1, Tutorial 1] Terraining a Snowy Village EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 7:44 pm

I don't see a need to delete your post, so there.
Back to top Go down
Alex
World Editor Mod
Alex

PostSubject: Re: [Book 1, Tutorial 1] Terraining a Snowy Village   [Book 1, Tutorial 1] Terraining a Snowy Village EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 8:24 pm

Thanks anyway.
What does everyone rate my Tutorial? What a Face
Back to top Go down
ZeroX2)Fire
Administrator
ZeroX2)Fire

Number of posts : 578
Username : ZeroX2)Fire
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: [Book 1, Tutorial 1] Terraining a Snowy Village   [Book 1, Tutorial 1] Terraining a Snowy Village EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 10:34 pm

Nice! I give this a 5/5! Wink
Back to top Go down
https://clanwod.forumotion.com
Prince Kaelshara
Global Moderator
Prince Kaelshara

Number of posts : 237
Username : Kaelshara
Clan : Clan BS

PostSubject: Re: [Book 1, Tutorial 1] Terraining a Snowy Village   [Book 1, Tutorial 1] Terraining a Snowy Village EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 11:58 pm

pure phail 0/5

ZOMG WTFBBQ 10/5!!! this is my first made map lolz!
Back to top Go down
ZeroX2)Fire
Administrator
ZeroX2)Fire

Number of posts : 578
Username : ZeroX2)Fire

PostSubject: Re: [Book 1, Tutorial 1] Terraining a Snowy Village   [Book 1, Tutorial 1] Terraining a Snowy Village EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 12:32 am

Uhm, don't make this topic look ugly Kael! It's too rare! Razz
Back to top Go down
https://clanwod.forumotion.com
Alex
World Editor Mod
Alex

PostSubject: Re: [Book 1, Tutorial 1] Terraining a Snowy Village   [Book 1, Tutorial 1] Terraining a Snowy Village EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 1:38 am

Thanks all. And I am taking requests for Tutorials, just P.M me and I will make a tutorial about what you need done.
Back to top Go down
TheSpartan
TheSpartan

Number of posts : 50
Username : TheSpartan
Clan : Clan SL

PostSubject: Re: [Book 1, Tutorial 1] Terraining a Snowy Village   [Book 1, Tutorial 1] Terraining a Snowy Village EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 6:07 am

This is AMAZING terraining =o

Could you make a Nightelf Outpost terraining =p
Back to top Go down
Alex
World Editor Mod
Alex

PostSubject: Re: [Book 1, Tutorial 1] Terraining a Snowy Village   [Book 1, Tutorial 1] Terraining a Snowy Village EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 3:57 pm

Sure man, I will make it after school.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Book 1, Tutorial 1] Terraining a Snowy Village   [Book 1, Tutorial 1] Terraining a Snowy Village Empty

Back to top Go down

[Book 1, Tutorial 1] Terraining a Snowy Village
Page 1 of 1