Warriors of Darkness Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Warriors of Darkness Forum

Welcome to Clan WoD's Forum!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Night Elves on a Mountain

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
HamAma
Global Moderator

Number of posts : 227
Username : HamAma
Clan : Clan BS
Registration date : 2008-01-25

Night Elves on a Mountain Empty
PostSubject: Night Elves on a Mountain   Night Elves on a Mountain EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 1:22 am

No, I'm serious. That's how it came to me. Although you could fit High Elves into the scenario, anyway.

Also, this is ****ing impossible to terrain, I swear. I don't know how anyone's going to do it, seriously.

Picture this. A mountain. I don't know how you want it to be like. A snowy mountain works, but you could technically have a dirt mountain too. At the very peak, a civilization exists. High Elves or Night Elves, your pick. Their position is good, well fortified. While they're not very technologically advanced, they do have enough technology to construct wooden buildings and other things of the like. There aren't many buildings, but that's the way they like it.

It's a long climb to the top. A path spiralling around the mountain exists. Archers are stationed at several checkpoints along the path, standing next to towers, ready to signal at the first sign of trouble.

You first make your way to the town somehow. Here's a possibility. You come from Medivh (north of Arcania desert). As usual, he opens up a portal along to the next town. You take it.

You appear in some landscape. Doesn't really matter to me how it looks like. You surge forward, hoping to find some other sign of civilization. What you see is not what you expect. A huge mountain towers in front of you. You hope that there may be signs of friendly life up there. You walk on, but at the bottom of the mountain, a strong line of footmen stand in your path. They question your motives, and are initially unwilling to let you through.

However! You have in your possession a letter of safe conduct from the King of Arcania, Kath'ranis, awarded to you because you have slain the mighty centaur Cyllarus, who once posed a threat to the thriving Arcania town. With that as proof of your being a "good" person, the elves let you up.

Walking up the mountain, you make many notes about the positions of each station. The distance between each is not far. Just enough for one at a station to see what is happening at the next.

At the very top, you are treated to a sight of civilization. Rudimentary, perhaps, but still, it is civilization. You can see some people walking around.

Personally, I don't know what quests this area would have. But here's the highlight, the main quest. Protect (inserttownnamehere)!

Basically, the quest starts like this. When you walk up to the King of this town, he greets you. You are quite well known by now, because apparently news spreads fast in this small tight-knit town. He welcomes you to his town, and begins to organize a feast for you when, suddenly, a footman approaches! He is bleeding profusely, and seems extremely tired. He reports to the king that the enemies (who? I dunno) are attacking! The first formation at the bottom of the mountain has already crumbled, and they are swiftly making their way up. The king beseeches you for aid, and you gladly comply.

The enemies come in waves. Perhaps waves of increasing numbers. Generally you want to kill them before the next wave comes, if not you'll be overwhelmed. They start mostly with melee units. But as it goes on, ranged units are introduced and increase in number.

At the very end, a boss approaches, surrounded by his bodyguards. I have no idea what he does, so there. If you allow the town to be destroyed, then a last minute evacuation portal will be created in the throne room or whatever, and you get to poof away to the next town, or something. On the other hand, if you protect the town, depending on how well you did so, one of five rewards will be given to you. And the portal also is conjured up.

Dramatic much, I know.

TL;DR version: There's a mountain populated by elves, and there's a path spiralling around the town. Archers and stuff stand on it. You get to this town after you kill Cyllarus, and there's a quest where you have to protect the town.
Back to top Go down
Alex
World Editor Mod
Alex

Number of posts : 44
Username : SirAlexander
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Night Elves on a Mountain   Night Elves on a Mountain EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 4:39 am

HamAma wrote:
Also, this is ****ing impossible to terrain, I swear. I don't know how anyone's going to do it, seriously.
Dude, did you ferget about me?
Nothing is impossible for me!
Back to top Go down
HamAma
Global Moderator

Number of posts : 227
Username : HamAma
Clan : Clan BS
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Night Elves on a Mountain   Night Elves on a Mountain EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 5:09 am

Do it and I'll be impressed.

Personally, I cannot see you doing anything like I expect, because you seriously can't do it in WC. Imagine this, the center is extremely high up, and a path spirals around it, right? But what about the path behind the mountain? How are you going to see that, unless you turn your camera? And even if you turn your camera, there's bound to be a few blind spots.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Night Elves on a Mountain   Night Elves on a Mountain Empty

Back to top Go down

Night Elves on a Mountain
Page 1 of 1