Warriors of Darkness Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Warriors of Darkness Forum

Welcome to Clan WoD's Forum!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Banned episode of Pokemon Electric Soldier Porygon

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ZeroX2)Fire
Administrator
ZeroX2)Fire

Number of posts : 578
Username : ZeroX2)Fire
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Banned episode of Pokemon Electric Soldier Porygon Empty
PostSubject: Banned episode of Pokemon Electric Soldier Porygon   Banned episode of Pokemon Electric Soldier Porygon EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 6:59 am

Ever heard of the banned episode of Pokemon? Electric Soldier Porygon.

Wikipedia:
This episode was aired on Japanese television in December 16, 1997, this episode had flashing lights which caused 685 Japanese viewers have seizures.
About 20 minutes into the episode, there was a scene in which Pikachu stops some vaccine missles with its Thunderbolt attack, resulting in a huge explosion that flashed red and blue lights REALLY fast. Although there were similar parts in the episode with red and blue flashes, an anime technique called "paki paki", this scene was extremely intense, for these flashes were extremely bright strobe lights, with blinks at a rate of about 12 Hz for 4 seconds in almost full screen.
Viewers started to complain of blurred vision, headaches, dizziness and nausea. A few people even had seizures, blindness, convulsions and lost consciousness. Japan's Fire Defense Agency reported that a total of 310 boys, 375 girls were taken to hospitals by ambulances. Although many victims recovered during the ambulance trip, more than 150 of them were admitted to hospitals. Two people remained hospitalized for over 3 weeks. Some other people had seizures when parts of the scene were rebroadcast during news reports about the seizures.

A frame of the scene that caused the seizures.
Spoiler:

Here is the youtube link to the scene that caused Japanese Viewers seizures.
This can give you alittle headache, don't watch it if you have fever, or when your tired. Watch in your own risk.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-Ybd0Yby68&feature=related
Please, I beg you if your prone to any seizures PLEASE DON'T WATCH IT... And if your going to watch this, please be sure you don't have your lights off, do NOT go close to the monitor. Watch in your own risk, it is NOT my fault if anything happens to you.. I'm warning you again. If your prone to ANY seizures PLEASE DO NOT watch.

Last edited by ZeroX2)Fire on Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://clanwod.forumotion.com
HamAma
Global Moderator

Number of posts : 227
Username : HamAma
Clan : Clan BS
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Banned episode of Pokemon Electric Soldier Porygon   Banned episode of Pokemon Electric Soldier Porygon EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 8:51 pm

Heh, I remember that.
Back to top Go down
Prince Kaelshara
Global Moderator
Prince Kaelshara

Number of posts : 237
Username : Kaelshara
Clan : Clan BS

PostSubject: Re: Banned episode of Pokemon Electric Soldier Porygon   Banned episode of Pokemon Electric Soldier Porygon EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 9:18 pm

me2 i dared not to click the spoiler but i had to
Back to top Go down
ZeroX2)Fire
Administrator
ZeroX2)Fire

Number of posts : 578
Username : ZeroX2)Fire

PostSubject: Re: Banned episode of Pokemon Electric Soldier Porygon   Banned episode of Pokemon Electric Soldier Porygon EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 10:32 am

Prince Kaelshara wrote:
me2 i dared not to click the spoiler but i had to

Why? It's not that scary..... Surprised
Back to top Go down
https://clanwod.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banned episode of Pokemon Electric Soldier Porygon   Banned episode of Pokemon Electric Soldier Porygon Empty

Back to top Go down

Banned episode of Pokemon Electric Soldier Porygon
Page 1 of 1